Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A vacuole in the cytoplasm of a cell, containing a phagocytosed particle enclosed within a part of the cell membrane.
- ‘The researchers engineer a BCG strain that secretes the listeriolysin protein, which punches holes in the membranes of phagosomes where M. tuberculosis is located, allowing better T cell-mediated immunity.’
- ‘The process of phagocytosis continues until the bacterium is completely internalized, surrounded by membrane in the phagosome.’
- ‘After internalization of organisms into phagosomes, secondary lysosomes are fused to form the complete parasitophorus vacuole.’
- ‘In the phagosomes, lysosomes are activated and fuse with the apoptotic bodies, bringing on their dissolution.’
- ‘We developed a method for simultaneous measurement of average extra- and intracellular oxygen concentrations, which also does not require the presence of phagosomes and therefore can be used in any cell line.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips