Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A small order of mammals that comprises the pangolins.
- ‘Attempts to resolve the relationships of Xenarthra and Pholidota to other eutherian mammals have not yet been exhausted.’
- ‘Some features of mammals that eat mostly ants and termites are used as examples of convergence; the most speciose assemblages of these mammals are in the orders Xenarthra and Pholidota.’
- ‘Unfortunately, information on the condition of feeding apparatus muscles in ant-eating taxa outside the Xenarthra and Pholidota is incomplete.’
- ‘Let's turn to what is known about the anatomy of the feeding apparatus in Xenarthra and Pholidota.’
- ‘An interesting input provided by our data resides in the reliable support obtained for the sister-group relationship of Pholidota and Carnivora.’
Modern Latin (plural), from Greek pholidōtos ‘scaly’, from pholis, pholid- ‘scale’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips