Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The use of photography in surveying and mapping to ascertain measurements between objects.
- ‘The applications for photogrammetry using only a digital camera and inexpensive, easy-to-use PC-based software are virtually unlimited.’
- ‘The means of data collection include space geodesy, terrestrial land surveying, mining and engineering surveying, geophysical surveying, hydrography, remote sensing, and photogrammetry.’
- ‘At that time, a bunch of European and North American groups were just obtaining the first practical results of GPS positioning for airborne photogrammetry and remote sensing.’
- ‘Aerial photogrammetry in northern Foxe Basin in early to mid-August of 1996 to 1999 found that a much higher than expected proportion of the bowheads summering there were calves and subadults.’
- ‘Such areas of survey work also rely more on modern techniques, such as satellite imagery, digital photogrammetry (making of maps from aerial photographs), and global positioning systems.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips