Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A respiratory process in many higher plants by which they take up oxygen in the light and give out some carbon dioxide, contrary to the general pattern of photosynthesis.
- ‘Oxygen can also be reduced in the processes of photorespiration.’
- ‘It was suggested above that one proton was released in the chloroplast stroma for every three oxygen molecules fixed during photorespiration.’
- ‘It is therefore likely that photorespiration of herbaceous leaves is driven by a large carbon pool.’
- ‘Plants also produce significant amounts of ammonium endogenously from processes such as photorespiration, phenylpropanoid biosynthesis, and amino acid catabolism.’
- ‘Chloroplasts and mitochondria communicate through metabolites, exemplified by photorespiration and energy metabolism.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips