Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The arrangement of leaves on an axis or stem.
- ‘Poaceae species present a conserved distichous phyllotaxy (leaf position along the stem) and share common properties with respect to leaf initiation.’
- ‘The courses of these bundles were presented both in transverse sections chosen at characteristic points (where changes in phyllotaxy and bifurcation of leaf trace bundles occurred) and in longitudinal diagrams.’
- ‘There was a negative correlation between phyllotaxy and leaf primordium diameter: species with greater numbers of orthostichies or parastichies had smaller leaf primordia.’
- ‘From this and related work it has become necessary to define a meristem by its phyllotaxy and other growth patterns and not the identity of organs it produces.’
- ‘Each current-year shoot of Q. crispula has one terminal bud, one to five terminally lateral buds and several lateral buds in the lower stem in alternate phyllotaxis.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips