Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
Of or concerning fishermen or fishing.
- ‘I remember quite clearly the day when my infant piscatorial thoughts turned from small creatures to fantasies of slightly larger prey.’
- ‘The grayling is arguably the most up-and-coming fish in the piscatorial hierarchy, as voted by us fishermen.’
- ‘This was a welcome fish indeed and restored my faith in my piscatorial brethren.’
- ‘These six piscatorial picks, because of their noteworthy omega - 3 levels, also deserve a place on your plate.’
- ‘I get out the skillet, add some oil, prepare some seasoned flour, dredge the fish, and prepare our piscatorial feast.’
- ‘I am often amazed at the social status, or lack thereof, that surrounds those who have followed the path of piscatorial adventure.’
Early 19th century from Latin piscatorius ‘relating to fishing’ (from piscator ‘fisherman’, from piscis ‘fish’) + -al.