Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A network of nerves or vessels in the body.
web, criss-cross, grid, lattice, net, matrix, mesh, webbing, tracery, trellis
- ‘Around the abdominal aorta, the aortic plexus of nerves can be identified.’
- ‘The doubled veins may unite in front and behind the artery to form a plexus around that vessel.’
- ‘This nerve is considered by some authors as the most variable nerve of the lumbar plexus.’
- ‘The myenteric plexus of these appendix specimens had even thicker nerve bundles connecting an increased number of ganglion cells.’
- ‘The femoral, lateral cutaneous, and obturator nerves exit from the lumbar plexus.’
- 1.1An intricate network.‘the plexus of international relations’
Late 17th century from Latin, literally ‘plaited formation’, past participle of plectere ‘to plait’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips