Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The branch of mathematics that deals with quantities having random distributions.
- ‘His main research topics were number theory, probability theory and mathematical statistics.’
- ‘At that time, few mathematicians regarded probability theory as an authentic mathematical field, in the same strict sense that they regarded differential and integral calculus.’
- ‘Her work at this time was on statistics, in particular probability theory, and also on the mathematical theory of plasticity.’
- ‘I was appointed Professor of Mathematics to raise the profile of probability theory (but not statistics) in the Faculty of Mathematics.’
- ‘The mathematical concepts of set theory or even probability theory are useful tools for logically and thoroughly analyzing the outcome of an election.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips