Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A natural or synthetic steroid hormone, such as progesterone, that maintains pregnancy and prevents further ovulation during pregnancy.
- ‘Unlike natural progesterone, synthetic progestogens are not metabolized into GABA-ergic neuroactive steroids.’
- ‘The combined oral contraceptive pill (which combines oestrogen with a progestogen - a synthetic form of progesterone) is effective at reducing bleeding and making bleeding more regular.’
- ‘It contains a slow-release store of a synthetic progestogen hormone and is repeated every 12 weeks for as long as needed.’
- ‘Other hormones used include progestogens alone, oral contraceptives, androgen-estrogen, and custom hormonal preparations.’
- ‘There are so many potential benefits of oestrogens and progestogens after menopause that therapy with these hormones should not be disregarded based on a single study.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips