Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
A neurological condition characterized by the inability to recognize the faces of familiar people.
- ‘He and his colleagues describe covert recognition in prosopagnosia, another category-specific agnosia in which faces cannot be visually recognized.’
- ‘Deep prosopagnosia (impaired facial recognition) could also be a reason for autoscopy.’
- ‘Another well-known and dramatic line of evidence for specific face-processing brain regions is the existence of the neuropsychological deficit of prosopagnosia.’
- ‘Other people suffer from prosopagnosia due to trauma to the brain that caused brain damage.’
- ‘It is widespread, institutionalised prosopagnosia.’
1950s modern Latin, from Greek prosōpon ‘face’ + agnōsia ‘ignorance’.