1A person who buys electronic goods that are of a standard between those aimed at consumers and professionals.as modifier ‘the prosumer market’
- ‘And while the line-input's audio quality isn't professional, or even prosumer level, it's still good enough for most consumer applications.’
- ‘Its $1700 price point makes it a prosumer device.’
- ‘Being a good deal smaller and lighter than its predecessor, it's barely larger than some of the prosumer types on sale.’
- ‘The processor will especially benefit prosumer and digital media enthusiasts, as well as those who run many software applications simultaneously.’
- ‘Clearly it doesn't follow the previous line of prosumer cameras, all of which had a longer split swivel design with an ‘internal focusing’ lens.’
2A consumer who becomes involved with designing or customizing products for their own needs.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips