Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A contracting mass of gas which represents an early stage in the formation of a star, before nucleosynthesis has begun.
- ‘Elongated chains of dust grains like these appear in the early stages of planet formation around a young protostar, according to a microgravity experiment inside a rocket.’
- ‘By peering in wavelengths not visible to the naked eye, through the nebula's gas and dust, astronomers can identify very young stars and even protostars - those that are about to light up, once the gases reach a critical density.’
- ‘Rotation forces some of the matter to accumulate in a disk rotating around the protostar (s).’
- ‘In this, a passing protostar, loosely held together, passes close to our Sun whose gravity pulls off a filament of the star's material, which breaks up into segments that become six planets (not the current nine).’
- ‘We already knew that planets form in the disks of gas and dust that surround young protostars.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips