Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An area or situation in which a person or thing is tested or proved.
- ‘The Register will act as a proving ground for existing copyright protection schemes and as a test bed for future technologies.’
- ‘The Mir orbital complex became a flight test range and proving ground for technical solutions and technologies that are now used on the international space station.’
- ‘ATK funded development and operation of the mechanical spin fixture and provided its proving grounds for spin testing.’
- ‘They might be racing on a Sunday and a test team might be at the proving grounds at Arizona.’
- ‘The teams also have tested three times at the Arizona proving grounds, where the cars run flat out on long, straight stretches, and they spent at least two days per team in the wind tunnel, where aerodynamic data is produced.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips