Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
An industrial and commercial city in north central Utah, south of Salt Lake City, home to Brigham Young University; population 118,581 (est. 2008).
another term for provisional (sense 2 of the noun)
- ‘He urged people to believe him when he said Provos have not broken their ceasefire.’
- ‘Gardai searched the Provo's house in south county Dublin in the wake of those attacks.’
- ‘He was a senior IRA figure for many years but fell out with the Provo leadership in recent years.’
- ‘Within 10 years, however, he became disenchanted with the Provos.’
- ‘The Provos know their history and the perils associated with it.’