Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A layer of exudate resembling a membrane, formed on the surface of the skin or of a mucous membrane, especially the conjunctiva.
- ‘Interestingly, pseudomembranes with Aspergillus fungal organisms were also identified within necrotizing pseudomembranes of the tracheobronchial mucosa.’
- ‘Development of pseudomembranes in the gastrointestinal tract during acute inflammatory or vascular diseases has been confined to the small and/or large bowel, with rare occurrences in the esophagus.’
- ‘In severe exposure, necrosis of the respiratory epithelium leads to formation of a pseudomembrane, bronchial plugging, and bronchopneumonia.’
- ‘The gastric mucosa had distended glands that extended to the pseudomembrane with a volcano-like appearance.’
- ‘Microscopic examination showed the pseudomembranes arising from an area of ulceration, surrounded by acute and chronic inflammation.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips