Relating to or denoting the practical use of psychic powers or paranormal phenomena.‘psionic communication’
- ‘Psionic Telekinesis is simply the use of psionic power to move or manipulate physical matter.’
- ‘Ravena summoned her psionic powers and a fuchsia aura enveloped her snowy white skin.’
- ‘Hovering just outside the suspended gate, most likely defying the very nature of gravity with his psionic power, Timothy did not appear too happy.’
- ‘The other option was science fiction with players having psionic powers, but we really felt more comfortable with the heroic fantasy theme.’
- ‘About the only things that the two games have in common are a protagonist with psionic powers and the ability to throw random enemies off of very tall buildings.’
1950s from psi, on the pattern of electronic.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips