1informal An unstable and aggressive person.
- ‘my ex is a total psycho’
- 1.1offensive A person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior; a psychopath.
madman, madwoman, mad person, deranged person, maniac, lunatic, psychotic, sociopath
- ‘The speech was basically: men are psychos, Americans are psychos, the Americans want to exterminate the planet, and naked protest will end the nuclear age.’
- ‘I don't want to be put in there with a bunch of crazy psychos… I'm not a bad person.’
- ‘Second, my best friend and crush is being stalked by crazy, murderous psychos.’
- ‘Kleptomaniacs, kitchen drinkers, Fatal Attraction type psychos, obsessive-compulsives, and other problem individuals are usually discovered in this phase.’
- ‘It's unpleasant, but it's more unpleasant to be faced with true psychos / junkies on the subway.’
1informal Exhibiting unstable and aggressive behavior.
- ‘there's some kind of psycho shark out there’
- 1.1offensive Psychopathic.
- ‘I love blood and gore and crazed psycho killers come back from the dead.’
- ‘They were scrawny but muscly trashy types, like my in-and-out, in-and-out of prison psycho cousin.’
- ‘I would come back and watch all my favourite violent psycho movies.’
- ‘Next is Melanie, doing that psycho laugh of hers from the old days.’
- ‘I always thought that those psycho girls who stalked band members and actors were just make believe, until now.’
Early 20th century abbreviation.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips