Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
plural nountreated as singular
The branch of psychology that deals with the relations between physical stimuli and mental phenomena.
- ‘I thought of biochemistry in our neighboring sciences and of psychophysics, and more recently of psychopharmacology, as examples of fruitful splitting and recombination in our own science.’
- ‘One such model that has had an enormous impact, not only in psychophysics but in many diverse areas of psychology, is Signal Detection Theory.’
- ‘They used psychophysics to show that capsaicin (found in chillies) could produce practical oral analgesia in cancer patients with oral lesions.’
- ‘Working in psychophysics he became concerned with the biases that occur when subjective assessments are made.’
- ‘In psychophysics, 'ions traveling opposite to the plasma current’ are described as ‘counterpassing'.’