Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An act of a fielder in retiring a batter or runner.
- ‘Since his first full season in 1997, he leads center fielders in putouts and assists.’
- ‘He holds the major league record for putouts by a catcher and played an NL-record 2,056 games at the position.’
- ‘Limbaugh, who likes to hug the right-field line, boasts of many putouts in foul territory.’
- ‘His number of putouts didn't increase dramatically, but defensive statistics don't always measure range adequately.’
- ‘A three-time Gold Glove recipient, Carter holds records for career putouts and total chances.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips