Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
A synthetic compound derived from acridine, used as an anthelmintic and antimalarial drug.‘The Medical Research Council, which will oversee the trials, said national guidelines for studies of the antimalarial drug quinacrine will probably be agreed next month.’
- ‘Hydroxychloroquine is the most widely used; its effectiveness was studied in combination with quinacrine, another antimalarial drug.’
- ‘If standard therapeutic regimens fail because of immunodeficiency or other issues, combinations of metronidazole and quinacrine can be administered for three weeks.’
- ‘The drugs are quinacrine, used to treat malaria and the tropical parasite infection giardiasis, and chlorpromazine, which is given to patients with schizophrenia and other psychotic conditions.’
- 1.1Biochemistry A nitrogen mustard derived from this, used as a fluorescent stain for chromosomes.
- ‘First, cytogenetic techniques, especially quinacrine staining, were developed, enabling each chromosome to be recognized by its unique banding pattern.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips