Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
1A tool for widening or finishing drilled holes.
- ‘A 10-mm cannulated reamer was drilled from distal to proximal over each guidewire through the cortex to a depth of 10 mm.’
- ‘If the head tube is badly ovalized, the reamer (attached to the facing cutter) will widen the sides, but the head tube will still be too long front-to-back.’
- ‘A common method was to bore a hole in the barrel using any of a variety of bung borers, boring taps, augers, tapered reamers, and the like.’
- ‘The surgeon removes the articular cartilage with graduated reamers in 1-mm to 2-mm increments until the deepened socket becomes a true hemisphere.’
- ‘Offset acetabular and femoral instruments and low-profile reamers fit better through the smaller incision.’
- ‘The regular-sized Mayo stand contains instruments used routinely during the procedure, and the large Mayo stand holds instruments, reamers, and broaches specific to the implant system selected for use.’
- 1.1An instrument for scraping the burrs off the inside of water pipes.‘Reamers are suitable for deburring and sizing the inside diameter (ID) of holes.’‘While a pipe reamer is an expensive, specialized tool, it's worth buying if you're doing a job that involves cutting lots of pipe.’
2North American A utensil with a ridged, conical projection which is pressed and twisted against the cut side of citrus fruit in order to extract the juice.
- ‘The game was purchased at a local church rummage sale that also netted us a juicer/meat grinder for $2, complete with reamer!’
- ‘Using a citrus reamer, muddle the leaves until they are dark green and pasty; the total volume should reduce by about half, and they should have released quite a bit of liquid.’
- ‘I will still use my wooden reamer for small jobs.’
- ‘Coming down the stairs, half dead in my dressing gown I saw the last of the men in orange rifling through the kitchen drawers, presumably searching for a tardy lemon reamer or rogue potato peeler.’
- ‘This is the reamer bowl attachment for my food mixer.’