1(of an organ or tissue) regrown.
- ‘nearly half of all male crabs in natural populations possess a regenerated claw’
2(of an area or institution) having new and more vigorous life, especially in economic terms; revived.
- ‘the district is a regenerated area of the city’
- 2.1(of a person) reformed or reborn, especially in a spiritual or moral sense.
- ‘by Biblical standards you either are or you aren't a regenerated believer’
(of a natural polymer, especially cellulose or a protein) precipitated as fibers following chemical processing.
- ‘the stability of regenerated cellulose is lower than that of native cellulose’