Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Common salt occurring naturally as a mineral; halite.
- ‘Running for several miles east and west, at a height ranging from three hundred to four hundred feet, these desolate hills are composed of rock salt, capped with a bed of gypsum and chalk.’
- ‘Ice cream must have arrived there from Spain, because the old-fashioned ice cream was made in a grinder called garapinera, with rock salt and ice packed round a central container of milk.’
- ‘Everyone stays inside, the neighbors seen only in cars backing slowly down driveways sprinkled with rock salt, breath hovering on windows.’
- ‘It may seem wasteful to use a box of rock salt, but this can be cooled and reused several times because it won't deteriorate.’
- ‘If I take my honey, mix it with rock salt and an organic olive oil I've got the best body scrub on the planet.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips