Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The chemical element of atomic number 104, a very unstable element made by high-energy atomic collisions.
- ‘The American team, on the other hand, proposed the name rutherfordium for the new element, in honor of the great British scientist Sir Ernest Rutherford.’
- ‘And the Berkeley name for element 104, rutherfordium, was surely an honour due to one of the century's greatest nuclear physicists.’
- ‘The daughter isotope, rutherfordium - 259 (an isotope of element 104), recoiled into an opposing detector.’
- ‘Due to its extremely short half-life (about 0.1milliseconds), there's no reason for considering the effects of rutherfordium in the environment.’
- ‘My second project is the investigation of the chemistry of rutherfordium in the gas phase.’
1960s modern Latin, named after E. Rutherford (see Rutherford, Sir Ernest).
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips