Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A black or reddish-brown mineral consisting of titanium dioxide, typically occurring as needle-like crystals.
- ‘Other common minor constituents of eclogite include kyanite, orthopyroxene, rutile, amphibole, pyrite, and white mica.’
- ‘Some other minerals that are occasionally observed in the ore are magnetite, actinolite, rutile, the tourmaline group, chlorite group, mica group, garnet group, and iron-calcium-magnesium carbonates.’
- ‘Accessory minerals are apatite, rutile and zircon.’
- ‘Moderately well developed black rutile crystals weighing up to about 0.5 kilograms are reported from the Kimberley area and at Coodardy, Western Australia.’
- ‘A heavy mineral concentrate, dominated by rutile and kyanite, yielded only a few zircons.’
Early 19th century from French, or from German Rutil, from Latin rutilus ‘reddish’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips