Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in many mammals) a bony ridge on the top of the skull to which the jaw muscles are attached.
- ‘The pronounced ridge, called a sagittal crest, on the skull that Ammann found in 1996 is thought to be formed to support large jaw muscles, an indication of large body size.’
- ‘They lack a sagittal crest, but prominent ridges often run along the parietals.’
- ‘A low sagittal crest extends from the supraorbital ridges to the parietal region.’
- ‘The skulls of members of this family lack sagittal crests.’
- ‘Also, a sagittal crest on the fossil Amblycoptus and Kordosia skulls has been reported.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips