Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A purificatory ceremony or rite marking a major event in one's life.
- ‘He said, ‘I have made documentaries on Hindu temples in Thailand and on Hindu wedding ceremonies, samskaras and festivals.’’
- ‘Hindus consider children a gift from God, and the conception, development and birth of a child are sacred events, honored by a ceremony, or samskara, marking these rites of passage.’
- ‘Drawing on ancient scriptures, content includes learning the proper performance of yagnas, samskaras, puja, Vedic astrology and more.’
- ‘There are many types of samskaras, from the rite prior to conception to the funeral ceremony.’
- ‘In particular, the samskaras of Vaishnava culture are the best part of the Aryan religion.’
From Sanskrit saṃskāra ‘an act of making perfect, preparation’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips