Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A plant of the genus Santolina in the daisy family, especially (in gardening) lavender cotton.
- ‘Take heel cuttings from ceanothus, penstemons, lavenders, santolinas and philadelphus.’
- ‘These include cistus, phlomis, lavenders, rosemary, myrtle, santolinas and artemesias.’
- ‘Don't forget to factor white and blue into your planting scheme; both do a great job of cooling off and separating drifts of hot-colored plants, as do gray-foliaged plants such as santolina, artemisia, and dusty miller.’
- ‘He used Mediterranean and dry-climate plants such as lavender, salvia, santolina, and other plants that conserve moisture.’
- ‘Steven cuts the santolina back ruthlessly so that it does not produce its odd little flowers.’
Modern Latin, perhaps an alteration of santonica.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips