Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
The condition or process of deterioration with age.
elderliness, old age, oldness, seniority, maturity, dotage, senility
- ‘Although it is characterized as being a deterioration process, senescence is considered to be a highly evolved genetic process.’
- ‘But most healthy mammalian cells managed just a few dozen divisions before they stopped, a process known as replicative senescence.’
- ‘Oxidative processes during senescence involve an increase in enzyme activities generating oxygen radicals and superoxide ions.’
- ‘A pretreatment of cold-induction temperatures had little effect on the course of tissue senescence under these conditions.’
- ‘The degradation of proteins and the remobilization of amino acids to developing tissues is a prominent process during senescence.’
- 1.1Loss of a cell's power of division and growth.
feebleness, enfeeblement, infirmity, weakness, frailty, debilitation, debility, sickliness, incapacitation, malaise
- ‘We have devised a functional approach to clone genes involved in the regulation of cell growth and senescence.’
- ‘Mortality barriers to human cell immortalization and effectors of replicative cellular senescence in human cells’
- ‘The terms senescence and programmed cell death have led to some confusion.’
- ‘Behind this zone of environmental invasion is a wave of cell senescence, death and necrotrophic disappearance.’
- ‘Additional carbon would also be released into the rhizosphere with border cell senescence and death.’