Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A person who makes a settlement, especially of property in establishing a trust.
- ‘The defendant was to be the settlor of the trust, and the plaintiff would be the trustee.’
- ‘The settlor, having established the trust has no power thereafter to amend.’
- ‘Many jurisdictions will look through the trust and tax the settlor or beneficiaries directly.’
- ‘Accordingly any benefits derived by the settlor were not derived from the interests given.’
- ‘Paragraph 91 of the Trust prohibits the settlor from ever participating in the capital of the Trust.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips