Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Semiliquid waste obtained from the processing of municipal sewage, often used as a fertilizer.
- ‘It is becoming all but impossible to use sewage sludge as fertiliser on farm land.’
- ‘Proper management of livestock waste and sewage sludge also reduces loss of nutrients from fields.’
- ‘Today more than half of London's sewage sludge is sold in pellet form as fertilizer for agricultural use.’
- ‘In Europe, there is a strong understanding of the potential impact of contaminants found in sewage sludge and wastewater.’
- ‘Only natural fertilizers are used; those made from petroleum or containing sewage sludge aren't allowed.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips