Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
A cattle shed.
hut, lean-to, outhouse, outbuilding, shack
- ‘Her body was not discovered until shortly after lunchtime yesterday when officers found it concealed in a shippon, or cowshed.’
- ‘Another picture on the wall was of a farm worker entering a shippon with a three-legged milking stool in one hand and a milking bucket in the other.’
- ‘They built a slaughterhouse and a place for sheep dipping and numerous shippons to accommodate cattle bought off the Irish cattle dealers each week for the High Street market.’
- ‘The cattle require a great deal of care in the winter and the farmer cannot be too particular in keeping the shippons clean.’
- ‘The new owners of Harwes Farm, Black Lane Ends, plan to build a stable block and riding arena, as well as extend the house into a barn and shippon, to look after rescued horses.’
Old English scypen, of Germanic origin.