Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A series of sieve tube elements placed end to end to form a continuous tube.
- ‘Resistivity dramatically increases at the end of each sieve tube when passing through the pores, and it is unlikely that this effect could be described by a simple equation for the pathway from source to sink compartments.’
- ‘Other components, such as sieve tubes and parenchyma cells, are not efficient axial light conductors.’
- ‘Inside the phloem, it seems to be a common feature that companion cells are the principal receivers of the translocated photosynthates from the shoot through sieve tubes.’
- ‘The sap is well protected from herbivores by a thick layer of bark, and by an injury-induced response that releases proteins to prevent continued bleeding from injured sieve tubes.’
- ‘In the beans, the needle-shaped protein complexes are situated in so-called sieve tubes, where they control the plant's flow of sugar-bearing fluid.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips