Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
nouninformal North American
A silly or foolish person.
idiot, ass, halfwit, nincompoop, blockhead, buffoon, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, moron, simpleton, clod
- ‘I'm not crazy about the 1978 ‘She's A Dog / I Can Change My Mind’ 45 that closes out this release, but you power pop simps may have some fun with it.’
- ‘All right, so this is all old news for you power punk simps, but this is a bandwagon I'm ready to climb on.’
- ‘Would we be people of action, stepping up in the moment when we are most needed, or would we be cowering simps, hiding until the worst of it is over?’
- ‘My problem should now seem evident to even the dimmest of simps.’
- ‘Call me a weepy-eyed simp, but I believe that children are our future, if you define ‘future’ as ‘tiny personal slaves.’’
Early 20th century abbreviation of simpleton.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips