Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A yellow, grey, or green mineral consisting of zinc carbonate typically occurring as crusts or rounded masses.
- ‘Masses of pale green botryoidal smithsonite in cavities to 5 cm have been found in ore stockpiled on the dump immediately east of the decline portal.’
- ‘Earlier descriptions indicate that many carloads of beautiful green smithsonite were shipped from this mine as high-grade zinc ore.’
- ‘Pseudomorphs of smithsonite after calcite crystals have been reported from this locality.’
- ‘The Sherman mine has produced small, well-formed, pale blue, acicular aurichalcite crystals associated with cerussite, hemimorphite, smithsonite, rosasite, and barite.’
- ‘Exceptional aurichalcite specimens associated with smithsonite, hydrozincite, hemimorphite, and other minerals have been collected at the Grand Deposit mine, Muncy Creek district, White Pine County.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips