Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Cure (meat or fish) by exposing it to smoke.
- ‘The fish is supplied to artisanal processors - frequently women - who smoke-dry the fish over wood fires.’
- ‘Sensory scores for smoke-dried fish were generally good for colour, smell, dryness, and general appearance.’
- ‘There was a store house, a brewery, a house for smoke-drying food, a cabbage garden and a herbal plot.’
- ‘The local people taught the Colonists to smoke-dry meat on greenwood lattices over a fire.’
- ‘When they have amassed more than they can consume at once, they smoke-dry the flesh over the fire and thus preserve it for food for a long time.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips