Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A short line of gut or horsehair by which a fish hook is attached to a longer line.
Tie or fasten (a hook) to a line.as adjective snelled ‘a snelled or long-shanked hook’
- ‘A 9/0 or 10/0 circle hook is snelled to the leader and the bait is secured by the head.’
- ‘Make sure the snelled hooks are not tangled around the main line and cast the rig into the lake.’
- ‘If I don't use rigs, then I use the heavy duty high low rigs, but I don't use snelled hooks on these rigs.’
- ‘With the packaged rig comes a snelled bait-holder hook on a 36-inch leader of 8, 10 or 12-pound test.’
- ‘The basic rig consist of a length of monofilament snelled to an up-eye or down-eye hook.’
Mid 19th century of unknown origin.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips