nounAustralian, New Zealand informal
A puritanical person who deliberately spoils the enjoyment of others.‘sanctimonious snufflebusters who denounce the poor man for gambling a shilling’
- ‘When he called someone a sniffling snufflebuster, no one had to go to the dictionary to know what he meant.’
- ‘"You dirty, snivelling snufflebuster!" Cuthbert roared.’
- ‘They will be regenerate if they attend Church long enough, and are not hunted out of it by some of you self-righteous snufflebusters!’
- ‘Those old snufflebusters in Parliament would be the only men in the country earning their oats.’
- ‘You prohibited his lectures to please the snuffle-busters.’
Are You Learning Spanish? See Our Spanish Content Below!