Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
The sport of climbing unaided by ropes and other equipment, and without the assistance of other people.
- ‘The basic games include: bouldering, indoor climbing, free rock climbing, trad rock climbing, solo climbing aid climbing, ice climbing and alpine climbing.’
- ‘At the other end it encompasses such suicidal pursuits as solo climbing and high-level mountaineering.’
- ‘I was into solo climbing for a while, but what happens then is that when you go and do these things, and have these amazing experiences, it can be difficult to socialise.’
- ‘After his Maroon Bells descent Stammberger endured a frustrating series of failures in the Himalayas, eventually meeting his end while solo climbing in 1975 on Tirich Mir in Pakistan.’
- ‘He would have taken up solo climbing, and everyone who does that is killed sooner rather than later.’