Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The doctrine of salvation.
- ‘It's one thing to assert that eschatology is prior to soteriology in logical terms; it's another to assert its priority in terms of importance.’
- ‘Much twentieth-century theology was driven by a re-evaluation of soteriology: the question of how the salvation produced or initiated by Christ is to be understood.’
- ‘He posits that while God's offer of salvation and the human response to it are the heart of Christian soteriology, God has actually given an historical assurance of salvation through the ministry of the apostolic church.’
- ‘Bays does a masterful job of suggesting activities that begin to give glimpses of insight into soteriology without preaching that penal substitution is the only valid way of understanding salvation.’
- ‘The image of the unredeemed sinner kept from falling into hell only by the hand of God was a perfect summary of Calvinist soteriology.’
Mid 19th century from Greek sōtēria ‘salvation’ + -logy.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips