Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The estimated cost of a process, resource, or item used in a manufacturing enterprise, entered in an account and compared with the actual cost so that anomalies are readily detectable.
- ‘This budget employed a standard cost for each production step.’
- ‘Prior to Managerial Accounting, popular cost accounting textbooks were focused on the calculation of unit product costs in job order, process and standard cost systems.’
- ‘Not many years ago the advocates of standard costs were like voices crying in the wilderness.’
- ‘He discussed why standard costs were needed to improve efficiency.’
- ‘The only exception was in a few firms that had implemented standard cost systems to provide information for monitoring the efficiency of production separately from the general ledger.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips