Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
Any of a group of drugs which act to reduce levels of cholesterol in the blood.
- ‘With reduced levels of cholesterol, statins also inhibit the synthesis of bile acids.’
- ‘Some of the patients in each group were also treated with a statin to lower blood cholesterol.’
- ‘Use of aspirin and statins lowers C-reactive protein levels, but so does weight loss.’
- ‘Health chiefs say that the level of cholesterol lowering drugs, statins, prescribed by GPs, has exceeded predicted levels.’
- ‘The current stars in this field are the cholesterol-lowering drugs known as statins.’