Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An unvarying condition in a physical process.
- ‘Even though the electron is in constant motion, it does not emit electromagnetic radiation from a stationary state.’
- ‘The electron can not be said to be really ‘moving’ - an orbital is a stationary state.’
- ‘Radiative emission and absorption corresponded to transitions between the stationary states, although Bohr gave no account of the mechanics of these transitions.’
- ‘Nevertheless, molecules absorb energy from the radiation but change from stationary states to non-stationary states.’
- ‘The main result will be that while each of the proposed processes alone only leads to stationary states, in combination they suffice to generate oscillations of the kind experimentally observed.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips