Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A statute prescribing a period of limitation for the bringing of actions of certain kinds.
- ‘As far as I can see the American doctors aren't as brazen as their Australian cousins in calling for a statute of limitations on tort claims.’
- ‘Shouldn't there be a statute of limitations on intellectual property when something becomes entrenched in culture?’
- ‘The defense held that even if there was proof of genocide, to charge the defendants now violated the statute of limitations.’
- ‘The statute of limitations for libel in England is one year, giving O'Reilly only 76 more days to file.’
- ‘Under Italian law, the statute of limitations means that, after a long period of time since the offence, the conviction is quashed.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips