Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A government or executive order of subordinate legislation.
- ‘The scheme would operate by means of a parent statute with statutory instruments applying the general provisions of the statute to particular dangerous things and activities set out in a list.’
- ‘The statute is not to be construed by reference to the statutory instrument made under it.’
- ‘The Rules, which govern the procedure of the Tribunal, are contained in a statutory instrument made pursuant to the power contained in section 46 of the Act.’
- ‘This will be the case where there are ‘exceptional public interest issues’, and such interests will be defined and set out in statutory instruments subject to approval by both Houses of Parliament.’
- ‘The third objective of competent and prudent investment is the province of the Financial Services Act 1986 and statutory instruments made under its powers (section 191 of the Act being particularly in point).’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips