Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Stitching placed along a bias or curved seam to prevent the fabric of a garment from stretching while the garment is being made.
- ‘Even doing the stay stitching can result in wonky edges after the block has been trimmed.’
- ‘Carefully mark the waistline with machine stay stitches, using a slightly larger-than-usual stitch length.’
- ‘Lately I have been wondering if it is really necessary to use stay stitching around the necks lines.’
- ‘It is not always necessary to use a stay stitch or other method to prevent your fabric from fraying.’
- ‘Then, we spend the extra time to reinforce stress points, and we put stay stitches in where others don't.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips