Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
Each of a number of crossbars in a mineshaft, serving as supports or steps.
- ‘A nerve testing traverse across a ninety foot deep stope on wooden stemples gets the adrenalin pumping, especially when trying to balance on one whilst taking photos!’
- ‘The entrance drops steeply down over boulders to the head of the first pitch (rigging guide) where there is a stemple which did not, however, give the pot its name.’
- ‘A bit of extra fun was three stemples a few inches above the water which had to be ducked.’
- ‘As the passage continues there is a section of rotten flooring supported on dubious stemples just above head height.’
- ‘Underground, many artefacts can be seen, including stemples supporting stacked deads, ladders, pump rods and pipes, pulleys, ore tubs, windlasses, guide chutes and timbers.’
Mid 17th century perhaps related to German Stempel.