Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Any of a class of saturated polycyclic hydrocarbons which are found in crude oils and are derived from the sterols of ancient organisms.
- ‘This biomarker group is, like the steranes, characterized by numerous maturity-sensitive stereoisomers.’
- ‘But because steranes are commonly degraded by bacteria, they are of limited use.’
- ‘Contrary to expectation, the relative abundance of steranes seems to be lower than that of the hopanoids, with the variety of hopanoid structures greatly outnumbering those of the steranes.’
- ‘The distribution of phenanthrenes, aromatic steranes, and dibenzothiophenes shows regular dependence on the maturity of organic matter.’
- ‘Some of the other archaeological samples look quite similar to bitumen derived from Cretaceous source rock, based on the distribution patterns of steranes and terpanes.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips