Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in an insect) a sclerotized plate forming the sternum of a segment.
- ‘Over 100 specimens of M. serendipitous exhibit part or all of the dorsal carapace, the abdomen and telson, or the thoracic sternites with some attached pereiopods.’
- ‘Dissecting these partially rescued pharate adults from the pupal cases revealed that some adult structures were at least partially formed, including wings, tergites, sternites, thorax, and bristles.’
- ‘The sternite of that segment is also modified, being slightly wider and longer than the sternites immediately preceding and following it and with a more strongly recurved anterior margin and larger coxal sockets.’
- ‘Females then actively collect pollen from the newly mature anthers and pack it into special structures on their mesothoracic sternites, while the wingless males tunnel back through the fig wall.’
- ‘These muscles are arranged as a series of parallel muscle fibers from the lateral edge of the dorsal tergite to the ventral sternite.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips