Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Each of a pair of long muscles which connect the sternum, clavicle, and mastoid process of the temporal bone and serve to turn and nod the neck.
- ‘Often, the muscles used to maintain body posture are affected, namely the muscles in the neck, shoulders, and pelvic girdle, including the upper trapezius, scalene, sternocleidomastoid, levator scapulae, and quadratus lumborum.’
- ‘There are thirty-two segments devoted to a particular muscle, such as temporalis, masseter, sternocleidomastoid, biceps brachii and so on.’
- ‘The submandibular glands are located within a triangle bounded by the sternocleidomastoid muscle, the posterior belly of the digastric muscle, and the body of the mandible.’
- ‘Another fascicle, usually arising behind the clavicular head of the sternocleidomastoid, may extend in various directions upwards toward the head.’
- ‘The descendens hypoglossi occasionally sends a branch to the sternal head of the sternocleidomastoid muscle.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips